I was at work on Friday night when I felt the first symptoms…a little stuffy, a little sore throat, a little achy. I decided to handle it like all my other problems in life- ignore it until it becomes impossible to ignore any longer.
So I go about business as usual except I up my daily dose of Vitamin C by approximately 1000% and take Zicam whenever I can remember, which isn’t how it works most effectively in case you were wondering. But usually, that’s
enough to kick any cold to the curb! This one, however, was special.
I have been home for the past 48 hours unable to breathe through my nose and counting down the minutes until I can take more pseudoephedrine.
And here’s a list of some of my goals/accomplishments/activities.
1. I have only ordered delivery TWICE! Although I would be lying if I said Seamless wasn’t open in another tab at this moment. I ordered super spicy ramen while watching the Chef’s Table episode on Ivan Ramen. Life imitating my current Netflix series binge. Profound, I know.
2. I watched the entirety of 13 Reasons Why. Didn’t cry once. Maybe it’s the cold meds? Maybe I don’t have a soul? You decide.
3. I made a CVS run and returned with a gallon of orange juice, which is now gone, and a pint of Ben and Jerry’s, which is also gone.
5. I played all the Broadway lotteries and LOST. It’s probably for the best but STILL.
6. I have read all about the Whole 30 and will be so prepared when I finally decide to start but it can’t be until I’m feeling at least 98% better so…stay tuned.
7. I have contemplated my life’s purpose. Moving to Europe or embarking on an “Eat, Pray, Love”-esque quest were both seriously considered multiple times over.
8. I have done lots of Instagram stalking…surprise! My friends/people I follow have truly fabulous lives. Also, there definitely were a few slip-ups here and there so apologies for any random likes coming from me in the last few days! Oopsie.